Electric vehicles are about to enter China’s rural areas on a large scale, how to match the EV charging piles?
Although the China Automobile Association refuted the rumor about the introduction of new energy vehicles to the countryside in June,
it is undeniable that this year, the trend of encouraging automobile consumption at the policy level has become more and more obvious,
and there is a lot of noise about new energy vehicles going into the countryside.
1. On May 23, Premier Li Keqiang chaired an executive meeting of the State Council and proposed to reduce the purchase tax of some passenger cars by 60 billion yuan in stages to promote electrical vehicle consumption.
2. It is also the “issue of car coupons” to stimulate the consumption of ordinary people, and the topic of “cars to the countryside” arouses public suspicion.
The new energy vehicle market seems to have become a topic of discussion at the moment. Charging piles have also become the sweet pastry that major car companies are chasing after.
After all, the current relatively lagging charging infrastructure and user experience still hinder the development of electric vehicles in rural areas.
How to improve the electric vehicle infrastructure is the top priority.
3. When it comes to EVSE charging piles, it is the top priority as the supporting infrastructure for new energy vehicles,
and it has also entered the “fast growth lane” and is listed as one of the seven major areas of national new infrastructure.
4. Therefore, the scramble for the charging pile market has gradually become a battleground for all enterprises and strategists,
and how should this battle be started?
5. In 2014, the State Grid announced electric vehicle swap facilities. As a result, we saw the crowded phenomenon of this track.
6. According to data, in 2016, the number of registered enterprises related to charging piles in my country was only 7,781, and in 2017, it exceeded 10,000.
Although 2018 entered the reshuffle period, and some enterprises fell due to the rupture of the capital chain, there is always new capital entering the game.
In 2020, it will exceed 20,000 and reach 24,049.
7. In the two months from June to July 2021, 6 charging pile operators, including Cloud Quick Charge, Xingxing Charge,
and Yiwei Energy, have obtained financing, of which 2 have received financing of 300 million yuan. Above RMB, this shows that the industry as a whole is still showing positive returns.
8. As we all know, the sudden popularity of any emerging industry is bound to attract capital to go through a process of killing the weak.
9. According to the data on the market share of China’s charging pile operation in 2021 released by the China Charging Alliance,
the top three are the special calls 24.8%, the State Grid 22.2%, and the star charging 21.9%, firmly occupying nearly 70% of the market share. All other companies in the top 10 are less than 8%.
10. As the market gradually matures, “big” companies are bound to gradually devour the market space of “small” companies and squeeze them out of the common competition circle.
11. First, the distribution of charging piles is uneven. According to industry analysis,
there are about 65,000 charging stations in the southeastern region where my country’s charging stations are mainly concentrated,
of which 9,603 are in Guangdong Province, 5,998 in Jiangsu Province, and 5,309 in Zhejiang Province.
These three provinces alone account for almost all of the total one-third. And the top ten provinces are basically in developed areas, accounting for as high as 72%. In comparison,
the number of charging stations in the western and northwestern regions is small, and perhaps for consumers in these regions,
the convenience of charging may still be an issue.
12. According to a data sheet in 2021, currently only Trid has declared a breakeven, and other companies are still in a state of loss.
Among them, the hardware cost of the DC pile is 600 yuan/kW, the AC charging pile is basically equipped with 7kW,
the price is about 1000-5000 yuan (estimated at 1000), the power distribution cost is 1000 yuan/kW, and the engineering construction cost is 1000 yuan/kW.
The cost of a 140kw single-pile fast charge is about 364,000 yuan, and the cost of a 7kW single-pile slow charge is about 15,000 yuan. The higher the power, the higher the cost.
13. Take a 10pcs 140kW DC charging pile as an example. The cost of chargers, battery maintenance equipment, monitoring,
and battery safety monitoring equipment in infrastructure is about 1.8 million; 1600KVA transformers,
power distribution cabinets, cables, switch cabinets, APF active filtering, SVG dynamic reactive power compensation in power distribution facilities investment Equipment needs about 1.12 million;
charging station infrastructure is about 100,000. Including the uncertain amount of land acquisition or lease, the total cost is about 3.5 million or more. This cost is much higher than that of traditional gas stations. As a result,
the high cost puts some big cities under pressure, not to mention rural areas.
14. In addition, limited by technical reasons, the utilization rate of charging piles is low, and the waste of resources is not a small expense.
15. Finally, the service quality cannot keep up, affecting the consumer experience. A senior company-related person in charge said, “I found that many big brands focus on investment rather than operation. They pay more attention to investment and expansion,
while there are not many companies that focus on doing well in products, training, and operation services.”
It is believed that the service of the charging pile is more important because the brand can be gradually developed after the user approves the service.
16. The phenomenon of heavy investment and light quality leads to uneven charging piles. At present, because my country has not designated relevant charging pile products in the national compulsory CCC certification catalog,
there are no corresponding production standards and operation and maintenance specifications in the market.
It is worth noting that this may also provide opportunities for those relatively small companies. Since the big city market is overstocked, why not try the relatively less developed areas?
17. According to industry analysts, in the case of full charging, the cost of charging piles ranges from several thousand to hundreds of thousands.
In order to reduce costs, enterprises sell equipment with low safety, and at the same time, charging piles are not maintained in a timely manner,
and even random deductions occur, which not only reduces the user experience but also may cause potential safety hazards.
18. Therefore, with the accelerated development of new infrastructure and the rapid development of new energy vehicles,
for charging pile enterprises, if they want to develop in the long run, they have to stand up to “high quality”.